From Munich: Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Tour 2022
About Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Tour
Take a full-day tour of the fairy-tale castle of Neuschwanstein, and its neighboring rustic town of Füssen. On your way to the castle, you’ll take a 2-hour train ride through the beautiful Bavarian landscape.
From Munich: Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Tour
Explore the real-life fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle and the enchanting old-world town of Füssen on your Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Tour from Munich. Visit Europe’s most famous castle, framed by the most breathtaking natural surroundings in the world.
Discover the enchanting traditional town of Füssen which lies in the foothills of the Alps, located 2 hours from Munich. Towering far above the town is a sight from fairytales: the remarkable and ethereal Neuschwanstein Castle. This glorious 19th-century castle was commissioned by the famed “mad” King Ludwig II. A ruler who was exhilarated by mythology and who himself became a legend.
The glistening white towers of the castle among the clouds are recognizable even to those who never heard the name Neuschwanstein. This full-day tour of the Neuschwanstein castle from Munich starts with a coach or train ride. Once you get to the castle grounds, your tour guide will be there to accompany you on your way up to the castle. Be amazed not only by the spectacular structure of Neuschwanstein but also by its breathtaking location in the Bavarian Alps.
The castle is surrounded by lakes, mountains, and forests, making it a proper fairytale setting that you’ll be able to see from the best vantage points. The Neuschwanstein Full-Day Tour from Munich is the best way to enter and experience this incredible fantasy world.
- Transport on the 2-hour train/coach journey from Munich to Füssen and back
- Fully-guided tour accompanied by an English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Optional 17€ castle entry fee, for the tour of castle interior, for people over the age of 18, payable directly to the vendor on the morning of the tour
Tour Meeting Point
Meet at the local operator’s office at Dachauer Straße 4, 80335 Munich. Please be at the office approximately 15 minutes before the given departure time.
Explore the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle
Enjoy a 2-hour train or coach ride through the Bavarian countryside
Skip the long lines to get fast-track entry to the castle
Book Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Tour
We did the hard work and found the best day trip tour for you!
Good to know before you go
- Infants should be booked with strictly no less than 2 adults
- Each child using a tag-along or a bike seat must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that the total duration of the tour is flexible and adjustable according to the group’s average speed, and it may be a maximum of half an hour less or more than the indicated time
- Free bike seats are provided for infants from 0-4 years
- Be sure to bring an identification document for each participant
- Meals for infants aged 0-4 years old are to be paid on the spot if needed (maximum €15)
- Tours operate rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- All customers 17 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- This tour has a Free Cancellation policy
- Please note: This tour involves an uphill walk of approximately 20 minutes. At points, the gradient can be relatively steep.
- The tour is not recommended for anyone with serious walking difficulties. If you prefer not to walk uphill, an optional horse-drawn carriage will take you most (but not all) of the way to the top. There is also an option of taking a bus uphill.
- Don’t forget to bring appropriate footwear
- Please note that sometimes the transport will be conducted by private coach instead of the train
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- The 9:30 AM departure tour returns back to Munich by approximately 6:30 PM
- The 10:30 AM departure tour returns back to Munich by approximately 7:30 PM
- Due to renovations, the Queen Mary’s Bridge is closed until fall 2022
FAQ – Neuschwanstein Castle Tour
Is the Neuschwanstein Castle tour worth it?
Neuschwanstein castle tour is a perfect day trip from Munich. Once you visit Neuschwanstein make sure to try to visit the equally beautiful Hohenschwangau Castle and the nearby Linderhof Palace. Neuschwanstein is a stunning castle, close to the picturesque town of Füssen. Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle Tour is definitely worth it, and something you don’t want to miss out on.
This fairy tale castle inspired Walt Disney and it was used as a template for Disney’s sleeping beauty castle. So if you’re a fan of fairytales this castle is something you certainly don’t want to miss out on visiting.
How much is a tour of Neuschwanstein?
Neuschwanstein castle tour depends on the type of tour you book, and from where in Germany you visit Neuschwanstein Castle. The entrance fee for the castle is 17€, and the Neuschwanstein Castle tour from Munich with round trip transportation is around 55€.
How long does it take to get to Neuschwanstein Castle from Munich?
A trip from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle by car takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes. If you’re staying in Munich the best way to visit the Neuschwanstein castle is by going on an organized Neuschwanstein Castle Tour From Munich. This makes for a perfect day trip that allows you to explore the Bavarian countryside.
You can also visit the Neuschwanstein castle by purchasing the Bayern ticket and taking the direct train from the Munich train station. One thing is certain, on your drive to the Neuschwanstein castle you’ll be able to enjoy the spectacular panorama of Bavaria and the stunning surrounding scenery of the fantasy castle.
How long are tours at Neuschwanstein Castle?
Neuschwanstein Castle Tour usually takes around 30 minutes, and that’s just the tour of the inside of the Neuschwanstein Castle. But there are many other options you can book to enjoy your visit to the magical castle with fairytale-like architecture.
You can book a full-day private tour, or a Hohenschwangau castle & Neuschwanstein castle tour. A visit to the Neuschwanstein castle is one of the best day trips you can make while traveling through Bavaria’s beautiful scenery. Have a wonderful day exploring the rich history and learning interesting facts about the fairytale king Ludwing II from your tour guides. Buy a skip-the-line ticket for the Neuschwanstein Castle, avoid the main admission queue, and have the best day trip!
Book Neuschwanstein Castle Full-Day Tour from Munich now!
Easy & Fast booking process
Don’t miss out on this best-selling Neuschwanstein Castle tour!
Once in a lifetime experience
I enjoyed the trip immensely. When they say a 20-minute hike it delivers, it was a 20-minute uphill hike! Lucia was a fantastic guide so knowledgeable about Ludwig and the castle. Her excitement was contagious. The views from the castle and the castle itself were fabulous! Would definitely do it again!
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day Tour from Munich
A lovely day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle from Munich. This tour includes the castle entrance and a 2-hour trip from Munich to Fussen and back. I had an incredible time, and the castle looks like it’s been pulled straight out of a fairytale book.
Book the Best-Value Neuschwanstein Castle tour from Munich available!
- Free cancellation policy up to 24 hours in advance
- Enjoy scenic views of the Bavarian countryside on your ride to the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle