Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Tour From Munich 2022
About Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Tour
On this 10.5-hour tour visit the magnificent castles constructed by Ludwig II of Bavaria. The first stop is the picturesque fairy-tale castle of Neuschwanstein followed by Linderhof castle, lastly, you’ll have lunch in Hohenschwangau. The tour will also take you through the tiny city of Oberammergau.
Neuschwanstein And Linderhof Castle Tour From Munich
Enjoy a whole day trip to the Bavarian royal castles. Book your Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Tour right away. Travel to the castle from Munich stress-free and in comfort on a luxurious long-distance coach.
Experience a day out of a fairytale and visit the famous castles of Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, and the village of Oberammergau. A professional tour guide will accompany you on this Tour. Snacks and drinks will be provided to you onboard on this premium day trip to Neuschwanstein & Linderhof. All entrance fees for the castles are included in the Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Tour.
You’ll go from Munich to your first stop – the Linderhof Palace for a guided tour starting in the morning. Afterward, you’ll continue to the beautiful village of Oberammergau. During your walk through the picturesque town, you will get to know the traditional craftsmanship of the local woodcarvers. You will start your journey along the Romantische Straße (Romantic Road) to Neuschwanstein Castle at noon.
If you wish, You can choose to have lunch upon arrival or continue instantly to visit the Marienbrücke bridge. In the afternoon, it’s time for your visit to Neuschwanstein Castle. The castle will be your last stop on your Neuschwanstein Castle and Linderhof Tour before you drive back to Munich.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned bus
- Tour guide
- Audio guide (optional)
- Entry tickets (€27 per adult, €6 per child)
- Food and drink
- Live Tour Guide: English, German
- Audio Guide Included: Spanish, Chinese, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian
- Comfortable shoes
- FFP2 mask
Tour Meeting Point
In front of GALERIA Kaufhof, Karlsplatz 21, München, Germany
Visit the majestic castles, Neuschwanstein and Linderhof
Discover Ludwig’s childhood home of Hohenschwangau
Take a trip to the tiny Bavarian town of Oberammergau (if time permits)
Book Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Castle Tour
Uncover the beauty of the scenic German countryside! Visit Neuschwanstein castle and Linderhof Palace!
Good to know before you go
- Infants should be booked with strictly no less than 2 adults
- Each child using a tag-along or a bike seat must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that the total duration of the tour is flexible and adjustable according to the group’s average speed, and it may be a maximum of half an hour less or more than the indicated time
- Free bike seats are provided for infants from 0-4 years
- Be sure to bring an identification document for each participant
- Meals for infants aged 0-4 years old are to be paid on the spot if needed (maximum €15)
- Tours operate rain or shine. Please dress appropriately.
- All customers 17 years old and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Only debit and credit cards may be used for the payment of entrance tickets
- It takes about 30-40 minutes to walk from the ticket center to the castle, around 1.5 kilometers on a steep uphill road
- Due to renovations, the Queen Mary’s Bridge is closed until fall 2022
- Audio guides are available on the bus and in the castle
FAQ – Linderhof Palace & Neuschwanstein Castle Tour
Is Neuschwanstein Castle abandoned?
Neuschwanstein castle was left unfinished because of the sudden death of King Ludwig II. So it is not technically abandoned, the inside of the castle was just never completely finished.
Is it worth visiting Neuschwanstein Castle?
Neuschwanstein Castle is undoubtedly worth your visit. It’s the most beautiful photo stop in Europe and it will leave you breathless with its world-famous architecture that inspired Walt Disney.
What type of structure is the Neuschwanstein Castle?
Neuschwanstein Castle is an elaborate construction that incorporated Romanesque, Gothic, and Byzantine styles of architecture.
Book Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Castle Tour now!
Easy & Fast booking process
Like what you see? Book your fairy tale castle tour today!
We enjoyed the Linderhof and Neuschwanstein day tour very much. Our tour guide, Elizabeth, was knowledgeable, courteous, careful, and very helpful. I complicated the check-in as I lost track of my cancelation and rebooking documentation when the number in our group changed. It was rectified quickly to my immense relief thanks to Grey Line records.
I highly recommend you visit Linderhof castle and the idyllic Neuschwanstein castle if you're ever in Germany. This french rococo style castle was built by the Bavarian King Ludwig II and it was beautiful. We also visited the charming village nearby. The whole tour of these two dream castles felt like a real-life fairy tale.
Explore Bavaria’s Stunning Castles By Booking Your Tour Online!
- Audio guides are available in seven languages.
- Take a full-day trip from Munich, and enjoy the Bavarian countryside and its beautiful castles